Research Report 2016/2017
9. Achievement awards to promote the PRF's vision and mission
Each year the PRF also recognises individuals for their special contributions to support the PRF's vision and mission, as well as attaining its objectives.
Awards are categorised as follows:
- Best Doctoral thesis;
- Best Master's thesis;
- Best article published in a scientific journal;
- Person who have made an exceptional contribution in promoting the PRF vision and mission;
- A Board Member that contributed significantly to promote the PRF's activities over a period of time; and
- An organisation/individual that played an exceptional role in assisting the PRF to achieve its objectives.
During the year under review, the following persons received awards in three of the categories:
- Best Master's thesis:
Ms Anika Pieterse, Stellenbosch University
- Best article published in a scientific journal:
Dr SC Lamprecht, ARC-NIPB
- Person who have made an exceptional contribution in promoting the PRF vision and mission:
Dr J Dreyer, PRF Contractor
The awards were presented at appropriate events during the year under review.